Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old May 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM

i ran the new scan with panda and these are the results, i realise i should of emptyed my bin but these still 2 files that rnt in the bin. I couldn't seem to access the documents and settings file, i couldn't find it

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\ashley demenezes@com[1].txt
Adware:Adware/PurityScan Not disinfected C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups\backup-20060501-173739-398.inf
Dialerialer.Gen Not disinfected C:\Recycled\Dc36.txt
Spyware:Spyware/Hyperbar Not disinfected C:\Recycled\Dc37.exe[NavHelperInner.msi][unk_0016][HyperbarSS3.dll]
Spyware:Spyware/Hyperbar Not disinfected C:\Recycled\Dc37.exe[NavHelperInner.msi][unk_0016][Hyperbar.dll]
Spyware:Spyware/New.net Not disinfected C:\Recycled\Dc37.exe[NNWARZ3_88.exe]
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:18 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

The items showing in that scan are mostly Norton's Recycle (should be able to empty that from within Norton). The HijackThis backup, if you want, can be removed through the Backup utiltity in HijackThis (Config - Backups). And then just empty your Recycle bin. Looks like infection has been removed. How is your system running now?
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM

many thanx

yer my system seems to be running pretty good, ive emptyed my recycle bin, will that get rid of the nortan files, because i dont no of any way of going into it and deleting the files inside nortan. Ive also got a laptop thats running slower then normal, can i do the same steps and make it run faster? thank you for your help.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:18 AM

I don't use Norton and there are different version out there, but there should be some Empty Quarantine/Empty Storage/Delete Items function to use. Look, and if you still cannot find that I'll check for you. You will need to start a new thread for any other systems that you might think infected, but for this one, you should be okay now.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:11 AM

top job

yep i found that thing now, thank you for all your help, i'll let you no how everything goes, many thanks. if u ever come over to england i owe you a drink
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:14 PM

Glad to help. Last item here is for you to clear your System Restore. You can do that by following the instructions Here (basically by turning it off, rebooting and turning it back on). Be well.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:27 PM

sorry to bother you again, but i downloaded Rambooster from this site and it says that my cpu usage is always around 80% could this be why my system says that my virtual memory is low, it appeared once last night but thats much better then before. is there anything i can do to stop this message from appearing and get my system working better? Thank you
Old May 2nd, 2006, 09:37 PM

Forgot you had that issue earlier. A well running system will always use all of available RAM in regular operations, so software that purports to speed things up by "cleaning out" RAM is questionable at best. Why not skip RAMBooster as a solution to anything for now, and first follow the MS steps Here to see if it helps. Then trial with the new changes and post back how the system is running.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM

i have tryed that MS recoment previously and it still didnt solve the problem, what would you recoment next? should i upgrade my RAM and how wud i go about this and what should i look for when choosing new RAM, thank you
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:30 AM

You surely can add RAM, but it depends on system limits (and ME indicates older system). Problem with ME is that the fixes that work with all other MS systems just aren't available there. In System - Performance - Virtual Memory, what does it say is available next to Hard Disk?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:38 AM

it says C:\26468MB free, does that help?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:29 AM

Plenty. Sorry, but didn't ask your RAM size (listed there under the Performance tab - Performance Status).
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM

255 of ram

Last edited by boyracer_xr2; May 3rd, 2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:14 PM

I would like you to experiment with this to check performance after changes. There are more elaborate methods, but let's keep the solution as simple as possible and go with what works. On the Virtual Memory window, click "Let me specify my own virtual memory settings". Set the minimum to 200 (leave the Maximum at maximum) - then OK. This is not a guarantee of your average operating level, but run with this setting to see if errors continue.
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:10 PM

thank you, everythng works now, thank you very much