Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old December 2nd, 2016, 06:47 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Worthington Beer
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:06 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Creamy, and bitter. I kinda understand creamy (kinda), but bitter, like quinine? Never heard of bitter beer. I like hot sauce with my beer (having some right now), but bitter? Are we talking Trump, or beer?
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:12 PM

Just looked it up. Low alcohol, low carb, more hops. Have the same thing in the US. Call it near beer.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:17 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Creamy, and bitter. I kinda understand creamy (kinda), but bitter, like quinine? Never heard of bitter beer. I like hot sauce with my beer (having some right now), but bitter? Are we talking Trump, or beer?
Lufbra and Anne Marie are better qualified to answer this question, but, here is my two cents worth. Most clear (amber) beers including lagers and pilsners are a "bitter" type. A mild beer is usually dark brown to black. Creamy refers to the "frothy" head a top the liquid. A perfect head should stick to the side of the glass right until all the fluid is consumed and more...
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Just looked it up. Low alcohol, low carb, more hops. Have the same thing in the US. Call it near beer.
Yeah no. Nagh!!!!
Old December 3rd, 2016, 06:14 PM
CTH Subscriber

Bitter beer is basically the same as a pale ale.
Old December 4th, 2016, 12:30 AM

Not my pace. But we need a beer topic for this. I was surprised today with Palin, whom I have always considered a kinda whacko person just seeking anything to stay in the limelight. So seriously attached to Trump's heinie. She published a rather well worded co-op piece pretty much condemning Trump's involvement with one company, Carrier, not relocating to Mexico.
Old December 12th, 2016, 11:06 PM

O/S: MacOS
Trump REALLy needs to kill the ACA.. my monthly premiums are DOUBLING for 2017 .. and coverage is DECREASING. How can the government FORCE me to be ripped off like this???
Old December 13th, 2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Trump REALLy needs to kill the ACA.. my monthly premiums are DOUBLING for 2017 .. and coverage is DECREASING. How can the government FORCE me to be ripped off like this???
Yeah, but where else are you getting any insurance? And if you could get it, at what price with what benefits, especially if you have a pre-existing condition? Do you have one of those?

Are you willing to take the risk of going without insurance? What if you get shot or are in an auto accident? Chump leaves you to die, that's what happens.
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob
Chump leaves you to die, that's what happens.
Haha. Love you, but you're an idiot
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:06 AM

I will be going without insurance in 2017.

Clearly there's collusion between the insurance companies. They ALL.. I mean ALL.. raised deductibles (so they are practically identical) and raised monthly premiums all within $20/30 of each other (but all still nearly TWICE the costs of 2016 across the board).

I'm self employed.. I get no subsidies from the government and can't get insurance though an employer or anything... Seems that means I'm fair game to be ripped-off. In short... I'm being mugged for insurance costs and the government is sponsoring it. It's Government subsidized financial rape and thievery of entrepreneurial citizens.

A 5-10% increase I could possibly understand.. but when ALL Insurance plans raise rates by 75% OR MORE in a 12-month period... clearly they are taking advantage of things.

In 2014 monthly premium for base ACA insurance was about $190.... 2015, that was about $240.... 2016 it was roughly $290... 2017 it'll be around $490.... and no one sees this thievery???? And these are absolute base, no frills cheapest plans without any preexisting or current conditions.

And.. like those that refuse to work... if I have an emergency... so what.. thousands of people get shot and have accidents every year without insurance. Hospitals can't refuse to treat you.

F the ACA!
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:31 PM

So, get this... I log into the healthcare marketplace yesterday... Prices are nearly double what last year's pricing was....

I log in today.... they are nearly the SAME as last years pricing....

So.. like all government-run things.... it's hit or miss apparently and there's no consistency. Just glad I waited that extra day rather than being locked in to a higher price for a year.. or foregoing coverage altogether.

Either way.. the system is messed up.... I hate Trump.... but I do wish he'd kill or reform the ACA.
Old December 17th, 2016, 06:54 AM

I do not have a fixed opinion on Hilary or the major parties but it is appearing to me that some fixing (from a large overseas country) has had a VERY significant effect on the outcome of the U.S.A. Presidential elections..
Old December 17th, 2016, 06:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
I do not have a fixed opinion on Hilary or the major parties but it is appearing to me that some fixing (from a large overseas country) has had a VERY significant effect on the outcome of the U.S.A. Presidential elections..
Let me guess, if Hillary had won there would be no mention of the alleged "Russian interference"?

Have you also noticed that for a couple or three weeks before Election day, several women revealed that Trump "molested" them. Yet since Election day there's been no similar accusations?
Old December 17th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
Let me guess, if Hillary had won there would be no mention of the alleged "Russian interference"?

Have you also noticed that for a couple or three weeks before Election day, several women revealed that Trump "molested" them. Yet since Election day there's been no similar accusations?
Yet Obama claims to have called Putin telling him to back off the election hacking. I am not a Clinton fan btw..

Last edited by Jaytee; December 17th, 2016 at 07:57 PM.