Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:00 AM

O/S: Linux
Well said! Worth returning in my view................
Old November 15th, 2016, 12:20 AM
CTH Subscriber

that wasn't a rant, that was a novel :-)

right now I am taking the wait an see attitude. I wonder how many promises Trump can keep or even attempt. There will always be limitations as to what he can and cannot do. I am also interested to see what happens with the electoral college - if there will be those who will vote what they want instead of what the state wanted.
Old November 15th, 2016, 03:27 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
Well I just discovered 2017 is the Chinese Year of the Rooster.... my Chinese Zodiac symbol... so maybe 2017 will be a great year for me
Old November 15th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Dw i ddim yn hoffi eira

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
Canada doesn't want you.
You are completely correct. I asked the Canadian government this morning and they said, absolutely not under any circumstances, do we want the likes of that total imbecile crossing OUR borders.

I would have settled at imbecile for you, sir, but putting a total in front of it is, in my opinion, taking a liberty.
Old November 18th, 2016, 01:20 AM

Cer i grafu!
Old November 18th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Dw i ddim yn hoffi eira

O/S: Windows XP Pro
LMFAO
Old November 25th, 2016, 12:13 AM

Seems a darned shame ending this thread on some Cymry blather. Nearly as popular as What music are you listening to.

Let's see. Uh, Trump is costing the taxpayers millions of $$ guarding him at Trump Towers and his home in Florida. Wonder if he cares. What I pay in taxes is only a tiny portion of that. Apparently what Trump pays in taxes is even less.

And Clinton is leading by over 2 million votes, and lost. Really strange system we have here.
Old November 25th, 2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Trump Towers and his home in Florida. .
Hmmn. Florida. A discreet little shack in a quiet unknown bayou no doubt.....
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:12 PM

O/S: MacOS
Quote:
And Clinton is leading by over 2 million votes, and lost. Really strange system we have here.

Unfortunately, it'll take a Constitutional Amendment to abolish the Electoral College.... and we all know how quick the government is to agree on anything in the last decade or two..... *sigh*.
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:24 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Let's see. Uh, Trump is costing the taxpayers millions of $$ guarding him at Trump Towers and his home in Florida. Wonder if he cares. What I pay in taxes is only a tiny portion of that. Apparently what Trump pays in taxes is even less.
Is he not entitled to this? What about all other previous president elects, didn't they get the same treatment?

Quote:
Very strange system, but hey it's nothing new and didn't suddenly appear during this election. What's strange is the fact folks keep crying about it, after the fact.
Old November 25th, 2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Hillary Clinton owns three residences; a house in Chappaqua, a house in Washington, DC and an apartment in New York City. Had she won, protecting her wouldn't have been any cheaper.
Old November 25th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Hillary Clinton has Secret Service protection 24/7. Has for years. Will have for life. Somebody's paying for that. So I think it's sort of a non-issue.
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipulrich View Post
Hillary Clinton has Secret Service protection 24/7. Has for years. Will have for life. Somebody's paying for that. So I think it's sort of a non-issue.
Yes, lifetime protection for former presidents, their spouses and their children was reinstated in 2012, rescinding the 1997 law that provided protection for only 10 years after leaving office.

Protection for Trump himself will not cost more than protection for Hillary, which was the original point, but protection for Trump's children will cost a lot more than for Clinton's solely because there are more of them.
Old November 26th, 2016, 06:37 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
Hillary Clinton owns three residences; a house in Chappaqua, a house in Washington, DC and an apartment in New York City.
Not bad for someone who claimed (then had to "unclaim") that her and hubby were bankrupt when they left the Whitehouse!
Old November 26th, 2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
Not bad for someone who claimed (then had to "unclaim") that her and hubby were bankrupt when they left the Whitehouse!
Statements like Hillary's "we were broke" was part of a role I think she'd chosen to play; that of a survivor of adversity, just one of the people. She came across as fake because her biography shows she isn't a survivor of adversity and she's not average or ordinary. That kind of insincerity always comes through.

I'm not the only person who wonders how differently things would have turned out if Hillary had just been herself; especially if she had talked to the crowds instead of trying to orate at them.