Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old June 19th, 2024, 03:39 AM

Exclamation

I dont want this site to go down.... Everyday that no one posts,im worried Dave is gonna just pull it......

If your logged in,please add a reply here...... Let Dave know you value this site.....

I dont wanna lose all the good VBB sites we have left which is fading fast... They are either going down or changing to crappy Xen2.. (Xenforo)

Xen1 is good but Xen2 sucks... It doesnt render right on older browsers,etc.........

Heres the VBB sites I love that Im on.

NWS www.planetsuzy.org NWS

He is talking about going to Xen2 and Im trying to beg him not to..... So far they havent.... They guess they were having problems with the Xen2 conversion I dunno...

www.city-data.com/forum

I heard this site might be going down by years end,does anyone know for sure??

www.killermovies.com/forums

www.videokarma.org

sitcomsonline.com/boards?styleid=1077

cableforum.co.uk/board/

Those are the main ones I love........

So if anyone is reading this logged in,please respond........

I dont wanna lose CTH!!!

Peace and love to you all.........

Last edited by The Dude; June 19th, 2024 at 10:37 PM.
Old June 19th, 2024, 06:52 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Yes, it would be a crying shame, but we need to be realistic, this is a computer help site and many of the computer problems that existed in the early day of the internet no longer exist, and people who are having problems typically seek help on Facebook or similar sites.

There is an Australian site that is thriving, Whirlpool. Its secret to success is its many faceted approach to dealing with members queries. I wonder if expanding our areas of interest will help save this forum?
Old June 19th, 2024, 04:12 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
who said anything about this site going down? It is not even April first yet.
Old June 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM

Well im just nervous that he may just take it down....

I know im the only reg active member here now.... I dunno why Murf doesnt check in,he might have the file im looking for... (My thread on the Win98 base)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon
There is an Australian site that is thriving, Whirlpool. Its secret to success is its many faceted approach to dealing with members queries. I wonder if expanding our areas of interest will help save this forum?
Yes and city-data is also doing well because they havent changed thier SW,its the sams as they always were..... But now im hearing they may close by the years end......

I wouldnt be surprised really seeing how mean they are to people there..... I have had close to 1500 accounts.... My friend who is the admin at sitcomonline.com/boards says he cant believe they are still trying to block me!!

I didnt do anthing wrong and my co-admin friend there said they were are being ridiculous about me.......

I have just been PMing people with my current account as I dont wanna be blocked!!

Last edited by The Dude; June 19th, 2024 at 10:38 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2024, 12:09 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
naw, you are not the only regular active member here. Just because others do not post daily does not mean they are not here daily, looking at new posts to see if where they can help. the nonsense postings are a thing of the past, though sometimes you may bring up one or two that brings back memories because of all the good members that moved on for one reason or another.

Ned is right, people just don't use help forums as much anymore. I think it has more to do with windows becoming so user-friendly compared to what it once was.

I think he is also right about users going to other sources for help. Maybe discord, reddit and some of the newer major players. I have an account at Whirlpool, unless they did some housecleaning. Have not been there in years. I do not remember all the abandoned accounts I have in the different communities. Just about every forum I still visit regularly has seen a drop in usage.

Yea, one day cth may disappear but I hope not anytime soon.
Old June 23rd, 2024, 01:39 AM

Ya I hope he doesnt give up,I like it here alot..........

My friend Larry who is the admin of planetsuzy says admins are very nice... They end up taking a loss as they dont want members to have to pay alot,etc.........
Old June 23rd, 2024, 01:52 PM

I've seen communities shift platforms before, and it can be a mixed bag. Xen2 might not be everyone's cup of tea, especially if it messes with compatibility on older browsers.
Let's hope David will make it work.
Old June 25th, 2024, 08:03 AM

Yes thankfully so far its working good on VBB

Thank you for checking in my friend!!!