Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old June 10th, 2024, 08:41 AM

Best Linux distro for me?

Greetings! After a long Windows journey, I'm venturing into the Linux world due to system requirements and performance issues with my aging PC. Specs include AMD Athlon II X2 245, Gigabyte Technology GA-M56S-S3 motherboard, 6GB DDR2 RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU.

Primarily using this PC for Steam gaming, YouTube, and streaming, I've heard about various Linux distributions, including Mint. Considering my setup, which Linux distro would be the optimal choice for me? Thanks for your guidance.
Old June 10th, 2024, 07:11 PM

Welcome to CTH!!!!!!

I hope you find a good version of Linux
Old June 10th, 2024, 09:22 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanThakore View Post
Greetings! After a long Windows journey, I'm venturing into the Linux world due to system requirements and performance issues with my aging PC. Specs include AMD Athlon II X2 245, Gigabyte Technology GA-M56S-S3 motherboard, 6GB DDR2 RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU.

Primarily using this PC for Steam gaming, YouTube, and streaming, I've heard about various Linux distributions, including Mint. Considering my setup, which Linux distro would be the optimal choice for me? Thanks for your guidance.
IMO, mint is one of the easiest ones to setup and use. You should run it from a live usb drive prior to installing on your computer to see if it works for you, especially for your favorite steam games. Linux does not play well with a lot of gaming.

see https://itsfoss.com/linux-mint-live-usb/