Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old December 7th, 2021, 06:38 PM

chromebook question

Do Chrome Books work with ordinary peripherals?

I have a few Brother laser printers and a Xerox Duplex Combo Scanner and these all have intricate software installations that take up 2 GB on my hard drive even with Win 10.

Eventually I'm getting a color ink jet.

I also have an upgraded video cam and I use a gaming headset for zoom calls but that will soon be replaced with a high end boom mic. These are typically plug and play.

I know I'm not getting to use sophisticated software like Excel or Powerpoint but I'm wondering if all the hardware I plan on using is also useless with a Chrome Book.

Thanks.
Old December 7th, 2021, 11:46 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
A Chromebook is a laptop or tablet that runs the Linux-based Chrome OS as its Operating System, (instead of Windows).

So, unless your peripherals also come with all the drivers and software needed to run on both, I'm afraid you're outta luck.
Old December 11th, 2021, 08:31 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I agree with SpywareDr,

Unless you can find the Linux drivers for all the devices.
Your going to be outta luck.

Now if it is a Laptop, and not a Notepad.....

You could setup a multiple boot, with a Linux partition, and a Windows partition.

Thus, you could use either Operating Systems.
You just need to make sure the laptop had the right jacks on it.
So you can connect up all your external devices.

Signed: Ensign Tzap