Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM

computers are evil!!

Well at least my computer is.. because it thinks its funny when Im playing my games or working on my school.. to just restart on me without any notice! I've turned my monitor so it never shuts off.. same with harddisk (in the power management options) I'm still getting problems! Could it be that my computer overloads with files that it just restarts? (I hardly have programs running nor do I have much installed on my computer) Basically to sum it up.. my computer thinks its a comedian... -_-
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Follow these steps to prevent it from restarting on its own, however instead of restarting it will go straight to a blue screen error, where from there you can report back to us on what the error is and we will be able to better help you.

Click start, right click my computer, properties, adavance tab, startup and recovery settings, uncheck auto-restart, then click okay.
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:36 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Overheating is a common cause of random shutdown. Have you cleaned the dust out the air vents and the inside of the computer lately...like in the last 3 or 4 months? Computers in even the cleanest houses get dusty.

Are all the fans running? Since you're overclocking, heat becomes a critical factor.
Old January 31st, 2007, 12:59 AM

wofllmg - Alright I did as you told, and so far my computer hasn't done the funny thing yet... (told u its trying to be funny)

Miz -actually i put my processor back to normal.. its actually not overclocked and yes I do clean my computer with this air duster spray, my computer is realy dust free.

edit**

Alright so basically I reinstalled my video card adapter, and I'm still having this problem.. now this is whats happending.. when my computer restarts it freezes cuz i can hear the music repeat like da..da...da...da u kno what i mean? and my monitor says "No Signal" and than the light goes orange.. and sometimes when i restart the monitor stays orange still... but i can hear the computer fans still going.. so could this be a monitor issue? or somewhere i was reading.. it could be I need to update my bios aswell? I'm really lost.. and dont even know where the problem can becoming from. Please help

Thank you

Last edited by no0b_wun; January 31st, 2007 at 06:26 AM.