Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Video Card Problem

Hi everyone. Ive recently noticed that my monitor would go into sleep mode during certain activities on my pc. Whenever the UAC where it asks verification the monitor will go off until i hit the spacebar to ok the UAC prompt. Also sometimes during installs or even uninstalls it will go off and stay off. Sometimes having to restart my computer multiple times before it comes on. Recently it wouldnt come back at all. So i have taken the video card out and now using the onboard card to use it. When i reinstall the video card my computer doesnt even attempt to load unless i take the video card out again. Im not much of a hardware literate pc guy. But i need a little help trying to resolve this as i grown too much love towards my old 1080p settings. The video card is a nvidia GeForce 5400gs 512mb ddr2 tv dvi pci-e card. i would love any help.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Sounds like the video card is bad. Could have overheated, shorted out, burned out, etc. The only suggestions I could give at this time is to either try another pcie card to make sure its not a motherboard issue, or take the vid card to another pc and try it to see if it works there.
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
come to think of it the card was extremely hot when i took it out. I'll try it on another pc to give it a try. Thanks for the quick info. Be back with results.