Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old July 28th, 2020, 05:33 PM

Ok I solved my issue with win 7. I have 2 win7 disks a 32 bit and 64 bit Home Premium, both would not give me normal internet speeds. Yesterday I download win7 Ultimate and now my comp is running super fast and normal internet speeds. Best $40.00 I ever spent. I want to thank everybody that offered ideas to fix this issue.
Old July 28th, 2020, 05:50 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyxxx View Post
Ok I solved my issue with win 7. I have 2 win7 disks a 32 bit and 64 bit Home Premium, both would not give me normal internet speeds. Yesterday I download win7 Ultimate and now my comp is running super fast and normal internet speeds. Best $40.00 I ever spent. I want to thank everybody that offered ideas to fix this issue.
I'm glad you solved it, but something doesn't make sense.
Whether you used Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit or Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit that should not be affecting your internet speed, because if that was the case nobody would've bought Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit or 32 bit.
Here are the differences in the operating systems.
https://www.intowindows.com/differen...mate-editions/
Old July 28th, 2020, 06:08 PM

LOL what can I tell you. Its been 2 months of hell trying to figure this out. I have posted on several forums and tried everything people suggested. I was super close to dumping this M/B and CPU and started over from scratch. Win 7 Home premium worked fine for 3 years with no issues. Maybe it was a lucky install that it worked at all I don't know. When I reformatted win7 stopped working no friggen idea why. Yesterday I did a 1.3 gig update from Microsoft and comp still working fine. I could not get used to win10 and the updates used to drive me nuts. You never knew when they would start even when I had win 10 on metered connection. The look could be changed with 3rd party apps but under that it was still a POS to use. I have videos I collected from the internet that worked fine on win 7. Win 10 would not play some of them then I got a message that I needed to pay Microsoft to buy an app to play others. Also that Trusted Installer error use to really make me angry. Nope I'm super happy with win 7 again and security issues I can handle easily, And that Areo theme is a pleasure to look at.
Old July 28th, 2020, 10:05 PM

I loved Windows XP, but eventually moved onto Win 7 Ultimate, and instead of using the free upgrade to Windows 10 I bought Windows 10 Pro. I still love Windows 7, but I've made up my mind to use Windows 10, because of security reasons. I still can boot into Windows 7 if need be, but to tell you the truth I haven't done that in a few months, and that was just to get an Office update.
It's up to you, but if I were you I would try to have an open mind about Windows 10.
Old July 28th, 2020, 10:30 PM

I received a copy of win10 4 years ago as an Xmas gift. I tried it then and did not like it. I used it now for 2 months and still don't like it. I'm very happy to have win7 back. I'm not alone in liking win7, even as they gave win10 free win7 is still prefered by most users. Check out this link.
https://www.extremetech.com/computin...et-depends-ask
Old July 28th, 2020, 10:51 PM

Not taking Windows 10 side, but that link is from Oct 2017.I'm betting Windows 10 has caught up or even surpassed Win 7 by now. I'm not crazy about Windows 10, but I do worry about security issues with old operating systems.
Old July 29th, 2020, 12:04 AM

Sorry never saw the date it was the first link in search. Security is not an issue with me, I can handle most problems I get. Well most except the win 7 slow speed.
Old July 29th, 2020, 01:11 PM

Eventually you will have to give in to Windows 10 unless you want to use Linux.
Old July 29th, 2020, 03:36 PM

LOL or I may try a Mac.