Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:54 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Several problems at once

I recently got a new laptop, but after resetting it by using the power button (the computer had frozen up completely), I noticed that when I started it up, it was much slower and gave me this error message:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event log for details about why the service didn't respond"

Since then, I have not been able to connect to the internet, use any help or troubleshooting of any kind, cannot use a printer/scanner that I installed the drivers for, use System Restore, or check the System Event log. It is also still starting up very slowly. Here are some basic specs on the laptop in question:

HP G62-225DX, 3 GB RAM, Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.30 GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) OS. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time. (On a side note, I have done a full virus scan with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 just in case, and it did not detect any infected files.)
Old September 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 11
Go through these HP suggested fixes.