Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old October 24th, 2015, 07:54 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Try to recycle Explorer.exe by opening up task manager (You can use Ctrl+Shift+Esc), selecting explorer.exe in the list and choosing End Process.

1.. Now go to the File menu, choose New Task and type in explorer into the open box. Hit enter, and explorer should restart itself.

2. Check if the desktop is better now.

Also reboot into Safe Mode, then uninstall your Video Driver, then reboot normally Windows will re-install it.
Old October 25th, 2015, 02:08 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Thank you for the reply but i decided to do a clean install of Windows 10.
Backed up everything i wanted to keep before hand and now everything is working fine so far.
Am going to do a full system image backup to an external hard drive today so i have something to restore to should i begin to experience problems again.