Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old December 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM

Looking for Suggestions on MMOG that...

> Are free-to-play for the most part, meaning you do not have to spend money to enjoy it. Example, how heavily intense Atlantica is to real purchases or spending weeks on end weeks to save gold for an item that someone would have spent $10 on in real life. If they sell, for real money, only skins and visual effect things, then I am good with that because I do not buy skins or such, but would like to have good armor, mounts, skills, etc without being forced to spend money (as I have none).

> Does not rely heavily on teaming up with people. I like to enjoy online games to complete quests. I hate quests, or skirmishes that force you to team up with people. Not only is it a pain to ask people to help, but they drop out at any time. Wasting your time. Or when you need several people. Examples, Star Trek Online's skirmishes when I like to enjoy fighting the Borg but then people drop out. Or Atlantica's guild only, squad only, or nation only dungeons that have quests in there I need. Without people willing to party up and let me do my quests, and then finish the instance, it is a quest I will never enjoy doing. Or those quests that force you to spend real money to complete (yes, you Atlantica). Especially when a quest requires you to do something that would take a half hour or more. I want to be able to start it and if I fail, restart it with no problem, on my time!! Do not want to find people, they drop out, or we fail, and then spend time finding people again. I want to go where I want when I want to. If I need a team, then give me a rent-a-squad option of AIs or people who put themselves up for instant action (Dragon's Quest).

> Is a fantasy or space MMOG. No westerns or real world human on human things, like Grand Theft Auto or WWII war stuff. Like Atlantica, Star Trek, Marvel, League of Legends, etc. No card type games (Magic, Heartstone). Something turn base, like Atlantica or Final Fantasy) or real time battles. If I am going to be a vehicle, I want to be a spaceship.

> Maybe something still new and not too established of 5 years up.

> Something quite open world to do many side and story quests, but do what I want too.

> Good replay value and overall quality.

> PC games (Windows XP, Vista, 8.1). The graphics do not have to be "awesome." The lower the hardware requirements, the better. I do not mind if it is a client download or browser based. I just hope if client download, not one of those games that do not update their downloadable clients that after you spend hours downloading a huge install file, it spends hours updating (Atlantica) that initial install (if this is even avoidable).

> No PvP heavy to be forced to do, and definitely not something where people can attack me when I am AFK or if they are "camping" (Last Chaos). Mainly

> A game where either the owners, or fans, have Wikis/etc to look up how to do quests and to find quests to do.

I am looking for personal experience with such games to be recommended. I will see if this yields any good results. There are so many good games out there, but I hate to spend hours and hours trying something that fails to be enjoyable. I have watched and read reviews on so many games. The only few I have been playing past couple of years have been:
> Atlantica (6 years, but so "needing a real life person to help me do this," and real money or gold (billions upon billions) intensive. And its years of lag slowing down the action for me.
> Star Trek Online (3 years or so when it went F2P) but lacking story line quests once you complete them all, and can not enjoy a battle in skirmish without wasting over an hour when people drop out leaving you to quit as well.
> FallenSword (browser based) (8 years) but people can see how much gold I have and they PvP me taking thousands of gold and experience (yes, there are ways to save gold but I should not have to be slaughtered while I am offline). I hate it because people can just attack me at will. No!

I have played other games over the years, all suffer one or more of these issues that affect my enjoyment.

Thank you. Like to see what you could recommend.