Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old October 27th, 2013, 04:40 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Computer crashing when playing Batman: Arkham Origins

Very frustrating problem. I preloaded the game days ago. Batman released on Friday, I updated, started playing. Game went fine for the first level (~31 minutes of play time) and then boom, computer hard restarts itself. I wonder why, so I installed Speedfan to see what the temperatures were like. CPU is fine, of course (got it on water-cooling). It was at 32C. Vid was at 30C. I load the game up again in a window so I can see the temps as I play. The video card skyrocekts past 52C in a matter of seconds, then the game crashes.

This shouldn't be happening as my entire rig is brand new, only made 1 month ago. Desktop specs:

CPU: Intel i7-4770K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 water cooler
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750
GPU: Zotac AMP! GTX 780
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 OC Formula EATX LGA1150
Audio Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Power Supply: FSP Group 850W ATX12V / EPS12V

DirectX: whatever the latest version is. I also have the latest nVidia drivers.

I went investigating and noticed that your computer can create what's called a "minidump" file when the computer crashes. I've uploaded mine here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t...3-39218-01.dmp

Really hope someone can help. This is going to be rather terrible if it turns out to be a hardware issue, which to me, would either be the video card or the motherboard.

Edit: So, I replaced the GTX 780 with my old GTX 560 and ran Batman again. It ran fine for the length of time that I was playing (about 30 minutes). I go to bed, not worried anymore. Wake up, try and play again, and the system shuts down again within 2 minutes. So now, it can't be the vid card. Only leaves 2 possibilities. Either the PSU isn't powerful enough (which wouldn't make any sense, since the 560 doesn't need that much power and I have an 850Watt PSU) or, it's the motherboard. I have no way of testing the motherboard as I don't have a spare and definitely wouldn't want to completely replace everything onto a different mobo as that would be a lot of work and would require a hdd wipe.

Could someone look at the .dmp files? I have another one for analysis: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ig...31027-0129.dmp

Last edited by alienexterminat; October 27th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.