Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:37 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Exclamation Microsoft .NET Framework Issues

I have a Windows Vista Premium Home Edition ...
And I've been having issues with mainly Windows Update.
And it's almost always been because of Microsoft .NET Framework.

I've Googled for the past few days on how to fix it.

Here's what I've done so far:

Used the .NET Framework Cleanup Utility Tool (+5 times)

Manually Downloaded The Frameworks that my computer had. (+5 times, as well.)

And I manually uninstalled some too. (Same.)

I've had someone check my computer through LogMeIn to see what I could have done wrong, since he is a lot more knowledgeable about computers than me. He couldn't find the issue.

When I used the Cleanup Utility Tool, it said that it removed all the Frameworks that were on my computer (1.1, 3.5, 4.0), and so I restarted my computer.

I check the Control Panel in the Uninstall a Program area, and Microsoft .NET 1.1 is STILL listed. So I proceeded to manually uninstall it. And it said that I can only uninstall programs that are currently installed.

So now I don't know what to do about that.

I rambled about a bunch of stuff, but the original issue was Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

I went to Windows Update to install the Service Pack 1, since I need that in order to uninstall Web Expressions 2.

And I repeated the Utility Tool, the downloading, installing, uninstalling, etc.

I searched the errors that appeared in Windows Update. The two frequent ones that appeared were 1603 and 643 (Error 66a appeared once today.)

I found a page on the microsoft website where it told you how to go about those two particular errors. I used the Fix It thing they had on there. I guess it was supposed to put something in the registry that wasn't there.

I did both methods stated on the Microsoft website, and I still have these issues.

It's become really frustrating for me, and I just want my computer to work fine.

I really don't know what to do, so someone please please please help me.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:49 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi marie_submarine and welcome. Windows Update issues can be particularly difficult to troubleshoot and if you have followed all the online advice that Microsoft offer, it's time to contact them and take advantage of their free support.

You can lodge a free Windows Update support incident request here.