Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:02 AM

'SymSetSymWithAddr64' error when trying to upgrade to Windows from Vista

Ok so i just purchased the downloadable version of Windows 7 Home Premium for my current PC running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Upon running the installer and reaching the part where windows actually installs ('copying windows files') i am hit with the error message:
'The procedure entry point SymSetSymWithAddr64 ould not be located in the dynamic link library DBGHELP.dll'
Upon clicking OK i am told that an unknown error occured and the intallation must exit.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Hornzog. A couple of suggestions.

To start with, try running the System File Checker. Click on the Start orb and type cmd.exe in the Start Search box. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Once the Command Prompt opens, type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and hit Enter. The System File Checker will start. It might take a while to complete so be patient. Reboot when it has completed,

When you have done this, download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

Were any issues identified by either utility?