Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Big Memory Problem {moved by PL}

hello , ive got a problem that started after i instaled new ram memory .
I have got a aspire 5632 leptop, wich did not have extra slots.
I had 2 slots filled with 512mb ram , i replaced one with 1 gb so ive got now 1.5 gb ram.
But now every time i start a game i get this error

Error :
Close programs to prevent information loss ,
Your computer is low on memory . Save your files and close these programs: (game)

it happends all the time it even happend several times with just windows media player . and i havent got any programmes active that use up alot of memory
my computer also sees that I have got 1.5 gb memory it is also of the same type. i runned memory diagnostics tool and came out clear with no errors .
I am using a Windows Vista 32-bit Home premium

P.S when i tried to replace the 1 gb ram with the original i still recieved the same problem , but i started to get this problemn only after i replaced the original with the 1gb

Sorry for my bad english
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
does vista say there is 1.5GB of RAM in system properties?

close and/or uninstall some unused programs as well
with a system having less than 2GB of RAM i seriously suggest going back to Windows XP if possible
Old December 26th, 2007, 04:43 PM

It worked perfectly when i had 1 GB the problem started after i replaced the ram .
had Vista standard installed on my leptop when i had 1gb ram
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

Usually the message you're getting has nothing to do with your system memory, it is talking about your page file memory. In other words, virtual memory. I don't use Vista but in XP you could change that amount, I'm sure or almost sure, Vista has the same options. Since this is an operating system problem and not a hardware one, I'll move you to our Vista forum for further help.