Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:47 AM

Exclamation Big time Computer Help needed!

I was playing a full screen game on Vista, when my computer suddenly crashed on me, it simply just locked up. I manually turned my computer off and began to reboot. When the reboot process was running an error message popped up stating that there was a crash in my Vista. I set it up to run the recovery screen, however it reverted to the XP recovery screen that my OS once was. It is now just a bunch of DOS commands on start up now, and I cannot get back to my old desktop after I was trying to tinker with things. I do not have the Vista or XP startup discs with me.

Any help on what I should do to get my computer back would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:49 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonX View Post
I I do not have the Vista or XP startup discs with me.
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Where are they? You are going to need one or the other to make the repair depending on what OS you want installed.

Murray
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray S. View Post
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Where are they? You are going to need one or the other to make the repair depending on what OS you want installed.

Murray
Thank you.

They are back home, and I would definitely prefer to go back to XP since I keep continually get frustrated at Vista. Are the discs absolutely needed?
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Yep.. Better get them sent up to you.

Murray