Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:49 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
thinking if getting vista (moved by AM)

Im thinking of getting vista for my custom pc,an im wondering how it compares to xp,its going to be a gaming pc is there any issues with running any pc games, @ the moment im running

WOW
Guildwars
Dawn of war:dark crusade
company of heros

and is there any other software issues? for thing like AVG,Zonealarms,ccleaner

also any harware issues?

is this the one id need to buy?

http://www.saverstore.com/productinf...1&rstrat=12791

i thought it was more expensive than this

thanks ELMO
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:32 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi #ELMO#, I see you havent had a reply so I am moving your topic to the Gaming Forum for more help.
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
In my opinion if you're just gaming there's not a real need to migrate to Vista, unless you're really desperate for Vista/DX10-only games (Halo 3, Crysis etc). There aren't really any features of the OS that will make your current games more enjoyable.

All the games you mention should work ok. AVG, ZoneAlarm and CCleaner should all work on Vista if you use their latest versions. There are some hardware issues, but it's mainly with exotic hardware setups and certain peripherals (printers, scanners). If you're using the hardware in your sig, you should be fine. If you install the 64-bit edition, you're more likely to encounter problems, but don't let that scare you off from using that version.

The Vista version you point to is ok to use, but since there are several versions of Vista available it depends on what other features you want, or can afford.
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
ok so i got vista home premium 32bit, i have had a few issues with games maily not running as admin when games want to update, but easy overcome.

only two main issues so far

1. on WOW its mostly running @ 75fps never but ocasionally it drop to between 25-40 no matter how high/low i have the video settings:P like low everything everything turned off 800x600 res

2. on Stalker the game runs great then all of a sudden screec goes black, eventually get back to desktop then in taskbar i get the message, you display driver have recoverd from error then creen flashes on/off untill i manually resart the computer then i get the blue srreen on rebot "you computer has recoverd from a serious errorr......." :P so i stopped playing that dont want to mess up my graphics card

thanks