Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:31 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
2nd Attempt - Windows Wireless Service Is Not Running

Hoping to get back to the original reason I came on here - Windows Wireless Service is not running...

HP Pavillion G Series g6 - running W7 Home Premium SP1.

Network and Sharing says there are no connections (even though Im on this laptop via wireless- so there are connections available)

Here are the facts I discovered trying to solve this:

WLAN AutoConfig service - wont start - times out.
Windows Firewall is not listed as a service - and will not respond to anything in its control panel - including "restore to recommended settings".
Malwarebytes found nothing when I scanned the drive while connected to my other laptop.
When running sfc /scannow - it stops at 34% with the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
CCleaner found a ton of registry issues - but I did not let it fix them - per previous instructions from this forum.
Restore will not allow me to set a restore point - gives me the error "The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The specified object was not found. (0x80042308). Please try again."
I had specific startup items set up in msconfig before this happened. - I returned to start up all services and features - no effect (other than getting all the crap starting up again).
Shortly before the wireless went out - I noticed on one startup it was running a system scan on its own - copying files - but did not see any effect of that... that was several weeks ago.
The last Windows update appears to have been on 3-14-14.....

Those are all sidebars to my adventures trying to get the Windows Wireless Service running - hoping that will fix the wireless problem.

HELP?!

Postnote - 2 hours after original post - I got the firewall back and working - you can eliminate that part - everything else is the same..

Last edited by Grabster; May 16th, 2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: update to symptons