Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:11 PM

0x000003eb

Ok here goes the crazyness again; using win 7 HP 64 bit and 6 gigs of ram with a cannon printer model MG 3520.

Trying to print with the printer but keep getting this number error
" 0x000003eb " and the drivers won t install even though cannon says the printer works and the printer dialog box where you click on print is greyed and and no printer posted in printer / devices.

So what have i missed; used the cd and drivers from the web site; windows installer and print spooler are both on automatic; tryed clean re boot three times and guessing whats ever blocking me isn t posted on selective startup in msconfig.exe; tryed deleting MS update KB979683 and KB978601 but don t have them; got into Reg.exe and deleted all of the printer history their so shocked how much was their that never gets deleted.

So any ideas out their what i have missed or even better does anyone know of this error code and does the fix you have really work ! ?

Later thanks; sooo need the help . .
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:13 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
uninstall the drivers then Check if the ‘Windows Installer’ service is set to Automatic

Steps to check if the service is set to Automatic

i. Click Start and type services.msc in the search box
ii. Search for the service Windows Installer
iii. Right click on the service
iv. If the service is stopped then Start the service
v. Select Properties
vi. And in the Start-up type select Automatic

once the above is done, try reinstalling the drivers
Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:18 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I would like to add another fix, found here. Copy/pasted some of it below:

Quote:
Backup registry before you do anything!!!!

Stop "Print Spooler" service first

Then base on your platform delete all keys below the version-3
for 32 bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3

for 64 bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3

go to the folder "3"
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
rename it to "3.old"

Start the "Print Spooler" again and install your printers
If you need clarification on any of that just ask.
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:31 PM

Renegada600- ok everything was on and in auto mode so still need a fix; amazing how MS errors never seem to get fixed and everyone seems lost as to how to get it fixed but not giving up .

Jinta - thanks for the help will try it; worth a shot but first must print out directions somehow; use other lkaptop amazing what does lap 1 have thats a problem that lap 2 doesn' t shouldn t take a phd to figure that out; and ops whats back up never heard or did that - later
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:03 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Leftbehind
Is this post from you? If so have you tried what was suggested by the poster named patio?
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/in...topic=142604.0
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:37 AM

Yes and yes everything is on and in auto was just hoping somebody has dealt with this MS number error and has nailed a fix but from postings and google searchs and youtube videos their is no fix yet and have had this MS error for almost 3 months.

The only fix might me call a tech over and have him fix it for $80.00 or just back up the pc to an ext hard drive then re format the drive but with my bad luck that reformat
won t fix the error; so that begs the question what then ?

Guess no one here has seen this MS number error before and all i get from the MS web site is to do a clean reboot ( msconfig.exe ) and bingo its fixed; N O T - later
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:42 AM

" for 64 bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3 "

Ok looking for this line and nothing is coming up; so where is it hum ! ?
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Go to Start Search, type services.msc in the Start Search box. Services.msc will appear at the top of the Menu. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as administrator".

On that list double-click the following, then change the Status to Stop, and Startup type to Automatic (Apply/OK after):

Windows Installer

Reboot, then reinstall the printer and try again. If that service is already set to Automatic, post back here instead.