Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
BSOD only whilst gaming ( nvlddmkm.sys error ) (moved from Vista)

So Im having big trouble with a BSOD only while gaming the screen will just flicker black then after a minute or 2 it drops back to my desktop and I have a few second to see is a yellow warning triangle in my taskbar with a display driver error message a few seconds later I get the Blue screen with the same error everytime. then will resart its self.

The error is the nvlddmkm.sys error

I have so far tried the following

- Updated to latest driver for all hardware
- Uninstalled all updates and reinstalled both in normal and safe mode
- Tried older in fact most previous drivers for graphics card avalible
- Tried running one stick of ram in either slot
- Turnning up and down graphics setting ( some slight sucsess not enough to write home about also its taking the point out of my "gaming system" having to turn things down really)
- There is some very random thing i return from google searches but iam not willing to Download some of the software and change some of these settings, unless its from some of you guys and girls on here

The only thing im left thinking is it maybe be a problem with my nvidia 8800gtx oc2 being faulty in some way?

Ofc if anyone has any sugesstion i will give them a try straight away.

Pleas let me know if anymore info is require.

Many thanks in advance

ELMO
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Seems everyone is a stumped as me =D. I have contacted the Custom shop who sold me most of the kit and they told me a Clean vista install may do the trick anyone belive this could be true?

Thanks

#ELMO#