Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Enterprise
Questions about ATI Radeon Xpress 200m

Hi all,

I have an older model Compaq presario R4125. I have been using this laptop as a primary machine for school for over 3 years and it has been a superb machine.

My question involves the card seeming to be not operating properly. I am not sure if over time onboard graphics die, or what happens, but I used to be able to run all sorts of games when I accompany 128mb system ram with the 128mb video ram that the card supplies.

And now, even games that have a system requirement of a 128mb video card are causing terrible tearing.

Any ideas or thoughts on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot!

DM
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:17 AM

I guess I left out some stuff after reading that.

O/S: XP SP3
CPU: AMD Athlon 3500+ 64bit 2.2GHz
ATI drivers are updated.
I have 2GB RAM with 128 or that being reallocated tomy graphics memory.
Some games I have been tyring to run(that used to run fine and now don't): WoW, FFXI, BF2

And lately I tried to install Demigod, and it was REALLLLLY bad.

Again thank you for any responses as I have no idea how to test the state of my gpu.

DM
Old June 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM

Maybe it's a driver issue? Try rollingback drivers if you have updated them or maybe look for a new updated version
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM

I will take a look and make sure I have the latest driver. Let's say I roll back and test out a few other drivers, and it is still all messed up. What do you think my next step would be? Also, should I be posting this in the hardware section? I figured gaming would get me the best responses, due to it being a gpu.

Thanks again,

DM