Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM

1TB External Hard-drive becomes 16gb...

Hey!

I just bought a brand new Maxtor Basics External Desktop HArd Drive 1TB.

Through personal experience, I figured that its best to format the drive before using it, as generally its in fat32 format. This time round, it was already NTFS, but I formated it anyways. The process took a huge 16 or so hours to complete.

When it was finally done, I screwed up my language bar, so I restarted the computer, and the language bar was fine. But the hard drive wasn't responding so I unplugged it and replugged it back into the usb.

Damn, it said that I had to format the drive, as it is still unformated!!! So I went to format it... but then... it only gives me the option to format at 16GB??!?!?! wth happened to the rest of my storage?!?!?! I formated it anyways and it took a couple of seconds... and now, I have an external hard drive weighing over 2 KG... with a storage space of 16 GB !

HELP! No idea what the heck is going on...

I have Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium

If there is anything else that u guys need to know in order to help me please tell, and i'll share what ever u need to know.
Old January 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Topic closed. Duplicate thread.
Closed Topic