Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM

100% CPU Usage all the time

Hi, I'd just like to start off by saying thanks to anyone who can give me help on my computer problem.

For some reason just yesterday my computer began running really slow and when I looked at task manager I noticed that my CPU usage was always at 100%. I'm not totally stupid with computers, but the problem is that none of the processes in my task manager are showing anything that would add up to 100%. I tried disabling all startup programs through msconfig and it still runs at 100%. I ran spybot, malwarebytes, adaware, CCleaner, but none of those programs found anything.

Right now I'm in safe mode because that's the only way I can use my computer. I'm hoping you guys have seen this problem before and can help me out with it. Thanks.
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi avsfan987 and welcome. It might help if I can see what is running on your computer. Download OldTimer's OTViewIt from here to your desktop,and doubleclick on OTViewIt.exe to start the scan.

When the display opens place a check next to:

Scan All Users

Then click the Run Scan button to start the scan. Once that completes a textbox will open. Copy and paste the contents here for review please. The log can also be found on your desktop as OTViewIt.Txt. It will be a reasonably large log so you may have to divide the log into sections and make several posts to post it. Extras.txt will also be generated. Please post that log as well.

Note - do not press any other buttons or make any other changes when running the scan.