Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old January 6th, 2021, 08:38 PM

Don't buy LG stuff

Our LG washing machine rusted at the top, and before ordering a new one, I called LG to see if they knew about the rusting problem generally and if there was a fix.

The service tech could not have been less helpful.

After reading off a script to tell me that rust was due to flooding (I think I would have noticed 6 feet of flooding in the basement) he declined to transfer me to another level technician or take a report to be passed along to an expert at the company.

I'm not buying anything from them again, and I encourage all readers to join the boycott against crappy service.
Old January 6th, 2021, 08:51 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

I have an LG front loader. Problem-free for 8 years. Sounds like you just got a lemon.
Old January 11th, 2021, 05:15 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipulrich View Post
I have an LG front loader. Problem-free for 8 years. Sounds like you just got a lemon.
Total Noob, don't trust this guy. Just look at his age in the top left of his post, and yet he's been a member of CTH since 1953.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:32 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
i have a LG Refrigerator, Washer, Dryer, dish washer. Great products, never had a problem. Extended warranty on Fridge, Dish Washer. Washer and Dryer 13 years old, still running like a champ.
Old January 26th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Haha silly chicken, you're only as old as...other people think you are
Old January 26th, 2021, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipulrich
Knock on wood.. I hope she keeps up for ya!!

Im so sorry to hear this Total Noob
Old February 10th, 2021, 11:35 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I have no idea what an LG is.
Old February 18th, 2021, 04:30 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
I have no idea what an LG is.
LG = Lucky GoldStar.

Their main head quarter's is located in Seoul South Korea.
They supply parts to a lot of different manufacturers.
So, even if your buying say, a GE, or Whirlpool appliance.
It will most likely have parts that were made for it from LG.

Welcome to the global economy.

Signed: Ensign Tzap

Last edited by Ensign Tzap; February 18th, 2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old February 19th, 2021, 03:51 AM

Well, if you want to get into that age thing, I used Gold Star products before they built their first tractor with Hyundai. Of course, that means I was in the ROK at that time, because I don't think there was much exporting of electronic goods from the ROK in the early 70s. We used to have records then that you could bend like the early floppy disc. In fact, after one of those copyright violating records couldn't be used anymore we'd bend the edges up and make giant ashtrays out of them.

But that point made about Gold Star parts being in any other company products is quite valid.

But that rusting trouble does seem a fair bit odd for a product that uses water like a washing machine does. You don't live near a body of salt water, do you? That sure does seem strange. A rusted out washing machine sounds almost like a collector's item. That could be an embarrassment to the company. You should ask them what they think you could get for that as a collector's item at some museum. They might wake up to the problem then.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMe View Post
A rusted out washing machine sounds almost like a collector's item. That could be an embarrassment to the company.
Do people or companies still get embarrassed by anything they do or say? Wasn't the sole lesson of the last 4 years that anyone who depends on someone for help after they got their money can just freakin jump in a lake?
Old March 3rd, 2021, 02:36 AM

I think corporate "We-Don't-Care" has been going on for a whole mess of years. It's not so new. Well, when it is a corporation with bunches of money and clout. I still remember that Pinto auto trouble back a fair number of years and that got a mess of folks killed. Those tobacco companies were guilty of a sort of "We-Don't-Care" and that was a really bad deal for a whole mess of folks. Heck, I remember when I was on active duty a whole mess of years ago they used to include these little packs of cigarettes in our C-rations pack. My memory might be off, but I think it was a little pack of 5 cigarettes. And that is hundreds of thousands of humans getting those cute little cancer-packs. But I was sort of lucky because one doesn't do much smoking around JP4 fuel and so my smoking wasn't so heavy and it didn't last so long because of my liking to get into sports stuff.

But I think they made some Hollywood flic about those tobacco company managers at the top knew they were selling a product that was mighty bad for a lot of folks. A great example of what lots of money for them really good law folks can do for you.

But rust on a washing machine is really weird.

Unless you have discovered some secret about salt water having fantastic washing properties and you've been using salt water to wash your clothes.