Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:54 AM

O/S: MacOS
Uploading a file using a form

Hi

I know you have covered this 2 million times but I can't understand.

I have successful uploaded individual fields (text fields) to email using Formmail but I can't upload a file. Been working on this for weeks.

Can someone help. Using formMail scrip

Brad
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM

You need set the <form> method="post" in order to send the user's file to your PHP script, and then have your JavaScript do form.submit() if the user's input validates. You can't do it with window.location pointing to the script's URL with a query string. The script will then need to receive the information in the $_POST vars and use the PHP function move_uploaded_file() to retrieve the file.

and set enctype="multipart/form-data" in your form element. And use $_fileS as you have done previously. It does not matter if you are submitting the form (or creating the div/form) using JavaScript or not. But... when you are setting window.location.href="..." you are NOT actually submitting the form.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM

Your form tag should look something like this: notice the enctype.

Quote:
<form action="" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" >