Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:20 AM

O/S: Windows 2000
Outlook 2003 Rules Wizard - copy & move rules work the same

Hello:

What I want to have happen is when an email comes to me but is from a specified person, that email should be moved to their folder and not reside in my folder any longer. Sounds simple but this has killed me for months.

The specifics are that first I've setup a rule (from the rules templates) to "move" email sent through a specified account to a specific folder "Chris". This works fine until I created another rule to move email from a specified person to their respective folder. The message doesn't get "moved" but it gets "copied" and I end up with the same message in my "Chris" folder and the target folder "banking" for example.

I've tried changing the order of the rules but that doesn't seem to work. I think it must be the way the rules are configured because I've had the same problem with all versions of Outlook.

Your help is much appreciated.