Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Exclamation Compaq Presario 1200 XL111 won't turn on. Help please???

Hi,

I have a compaq presario 1200 for 5 years now. It's been working great. The other night I shut it down properly using the start-> shutdown and noticed that it didn't show the windows's shutting down screen as usual. It went blank and turned off. The next day it wouldn't turn on. I tried for several days it still wouldn't turn on. The green light is on when I plug the cord in though.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I don't have money to buy a new one right now. My 2 kids need new winter wardrobes and that's my priority. And new set of computer is too expensive.

This problem happened before about 7 months ago. It wouldn't turn on. At that time I took it to Best Buy and I was asked to pay $40 for diagnostic procedure that might not fix the problem. I didn't want to spend money so I took the notebook back. Miraculously, when I tried turning it on again in several weeks later, it worked. So I don't know what was wrong and why this happens again.

Can anyone help? Any ideas, guys?

Last edited by germsphobe; September 13th, 2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Resolved: took the battery out and it turned on now.