Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:21 PM

Problem trying to install Service pack for IE 6

Hi,

Formatted hard drive week ago and done all the needed stuff.........update Windows. so first I installed ISP software. I thought a quicky way to install IE 6 would be to find the setup file on ISP cd and install it that way, so I did this and all went fine. Now the problem lies trying too install the Service Pack for IE 6. When ever I try too install it I get the following message come up:

A previous installation has pending work requiring reboot. You ned to restart your computer to compleate that installation before running. IE setup will now close.

so I click ok and then the IE setup install bar goes straight too the end and the next page says that it was installed and need to restart computer. So I restart computer and I still haven't got the Service Pack installed.

Any help would be nice

Oh yeah is there a way too uninstall IE 6 and go back to version 5 so then I can go to the Windows Update site and then install IE 6 that way?