Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:26 AM

Wrapping Text in Text Editor -- How?

Dear friends:

I'm trying to type text in the free NoteTab text editor. I've tried the same in TextPad. I've set the wrapping to column 80 under View, Options, i.e. permanently. It is clearly checked. I exit and reload to make sure, but wrap remains checked, i.e. operational. When I go to Edit, Select All (in this case, just four lines), then click on the Wrap icon, it automatically wraps all the text to 80. Fine. But when I decide to continue typing, the text stretches on and on. It won't wrap at the end of the fourth line, it just keeps on typing on the same line. Why is that? When I start a new document, it once again goes on and on to column 300, 400, etc. Shouldn't it stop at column 80? What am I doing wrong, please? This is driving me nuts.

Thank you.

Benjamin