Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:24 PM

Small text..

I recently did a Winblows XP install fresh, so I'm not sure if this is where my problem lies, also the website I am going to reference was hacked, so I'm not sure if that is it, but here is my problem:

I am using the same resolution as I always do.. 1024x768 and some of the text on his website is smaller than it used to be. Here's a picture:

Most of the text is okay/the same, but the parts I've circled have change to smaller and the guy who made the website didn't do anything: http://www.fiend4life.com/yuppicide/mcscr.jpg
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:17 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Couldn't see the page you referenced so I'm guessing that the problem you have is the same or similar to mine.

The source of my problem seems to be with my browser (Opera). When I go to the MS website the text inside of the window is extremely small, almost unreadable. It happens with Win98SE as well as XP.

If I go to the same site using IE, all is normal. Not saying this is the same as your problem, only saying you may want to take a look at the browser and not just XP.
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:30 PM

View

Try adjusting the text size in the VIEW menu on the browser. This may help. Is the text on other applications also small? Does it only happen on certain pages?
Old May 21st, 2003, 01:04 AM

I tried changing the font size for IE.. didn't work. This problem only occurs when I vist that one site and it happened out of nowhere. I really should read more lol. I didn't see the other forum for internet browser problems. I shoulda posted it there if someone can move it.

Last edited by yuppicide; May 21st, 2003 at 01:07 AM.
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Moved to Internet/Browsers Forum
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:34 PM
CTH Subscriber

the text you mention has its font size set using Cascading Style Sheets, via this declaration:

.tiny
{BACKGROUND: none; COLOR: #A9A9A9; FONT-SIZE: 8px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica; TEXT-DECORATION: none}

which means that the text is 8 pixels high, no matter how you configure your browser.

Examining your screenshot with Photoshop confirms that it is rendering the text at 8 pixels high, so your browser is rendering the page "correctly" based on the HTML code.