Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM

long range wireless router

can anyone suggest a long range wireless router? i understand belkin has one that is really good (possibly 200-300 feet? ), but i would like to find someone who knows first hand. i would like to have a wireless router that will have sufficient range and hopefully decent mbs so that i can use my laptop across the street at my parents house. ( i have comcast as my internet provider). they're older, so i need to spend a lot of time there, but they dont want an internet connection, so thats not an option. we both live in rowhomes on a relatively narrow street. any suggestions for a router, card, antenna? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks , rich