Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:08 AM

Browser Closes Randomly/ Unexpectedly

I've been having this problem for a while now, but its gotten worse recently. Whenever I'm browsing IE or Firefox, the browser closes by itself. Sometimes it will close 5 or 6 times a minute.
I get the error message "Firefox has encountered an error and needs to close."

Clean Avast! scans, Spyware Doctor, etc. Anyone have any ideas?
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
You may just need to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it again. If you don't want to lose any of your bookmarks or anything then download Mozilla Backup and run it, when you run it make sure you click on backup and default. When it saves the backup it usually puts it into your document folder. Then when you reinstall Firefox run Mozilla Backup again using restore and it should work. You may have to do the same with IE7.