Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:24 PM

website hosting

:no: I have built a website and am wanting to host it off of my clients server. I have Abyss Web Server setup and the website is viewable using the servers IP address over the network, however, when you try to view it on the web using the external IP it is not viewable. I'm not familiar enough with networking to know if this could be a setting in the firewall or on the server itself to keep this site from being viewed. I have a domain name being relayed through the external IP and it also does not work. If somebody knows a possible way to help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Quest
Quest FX
Old March 14th, 2004, 02:19 AM

If there is a router, you may have to forward some ports. It may also be a firewall is getting in the way, in which case you could open up some ports
Old March 14th, 2004, 05:09 PM
CTH Subscriber

closing this one because it's a duplicate
Closed Topic