Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old March 7th, 2004, 06:37 AM

design for site

Hello we're planning in starting a new site thats going to be all about a soccer team called Barcalona+Ronaldinho, everything has all been planned until we thought about the design. The site design, none of us have any idea about website design, so is their anyone thats skilled enough to help out ?
Old March 7th, 2004, 07:13 AM

I've always been a fan of having good navigational bars on the left or right. I used to have a frame for my website, but other stuff could do.

If you want to have navigation at the top and/or bottom, you can rip off the generator format from livejournal, what one of my friends did.
Old March 7th, 2004, 07:47 AM

i can do that, but i like more of advanced design, like with boxes etc, but don't know how 2 and colours (btw soccer site on a team called Barcalona from spain)
Old March 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
your best bet will be start looking at different design formats and looking at the source code to see how they were done. You can also get free templates. Just do a search for templates using your favorite search.

You can also use different programs like dreamweaver or frontpage and do the wysiwyg stuff. You can get free navigation menus at http://dynamicdrive.com/ or http://wsabstract.com/
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM

Check out www.davidlisa.com . I'm sure it's a pretty generic design, if you changed the colors, borders, tables, etc, you could customize it.

Or something.
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:30 AM

wouldn't that be copying or something ? doing something thats not orginal
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
When you are first learning, one of the best ways to learn is to use another site, make changes and see what happens. In this case, if you are concern about copying someone elses site, go to the site, find a contact email, explain what you are doing and ask permission.
Old March 9th, 2004, 05:15 AM

ok, i'll make some basic frame designs for now.
Old March 17th, 2004, 04:05 AM

Yes! Do not under any circumstance copy someone elses site or design. Maybe just to learn but if you do that do not publish it or use it on the web. That is wrong.

If you are looking for a design for cheap head to www.templatemonster.com. You can get designs fully coded for 30 bucks and up.