Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Firefox won't let my log in to my Gmail

I have never seen this happen before and assume it's a virus, but would appreciate impute/suggestions.
I don't know if I was infected or what, but suddenly one day when I opened firefox I tried to sign into my gmail and was allowed to enter my password but when it changed to the page where it's usually loading it kept switching from that back to the log in page really quickly mulitple times a second until I closed the browser.
I since have downloaded Chrome (and can successfully log in) and uninstalled firefox. If i reinstall firefox will this virus or whatever happen again?

Thanks all!
Old January 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
I would re-install Firefox (the latest version) and see what happens. It may just have been a fault with Firefox. I'm not aware of any malware that does what you experienced, but I have had "issues" with Firefox several times in the past which were fixed by re-installing it.
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
I would re-install Firefox (the latest version) and see what happens. It may just have been a fault with Firefox. I'm not aware of any malware that does what you experienced, but I have had "issues" with Firefox several times in the past which were fixed by re-installing it.

Yeah, I figured but was worried anyway. Thanks for letting me know. What would make FF do that, though? Like what in the software could suddenly just malfunction like that?
thanks again, will reinstall FF.