Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM

Help Please! - moved from XP

I am running Verizon's Internet Security Suite. It is telling me that it is finding in excess o 29,000 viruses on my laptop - and they are all in a subdirectory named ' (i.e., C:/User/D/' ). It says that the virus is Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.dck. And it identifies all of these file names that are supposedly infected - files that I have not downloaded or in any other way installed on my computer. When I go to look for this subdirectory where all of these infected files are, I can't find it. I am searching all hidden folders and files. This is maddening!!! I have already tried restoring my computer to an earlier point. That doesn't seem to make a difference. Oddly enough, if it is truely a virus (29K+), it doesn't seem to be affecting my computer much. I would just like to know what is going on and how to fix it. When my Virus Scan runs it takes 6 hours to complete!!!! Can anyone help???
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello DDHarris,

?? How did the post text color get changed like it is (the grayish letting)? Not sure about what that info indicates - let's get more details and check.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Then if you don't already have it download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. Leave that for now in case we need it later.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop, then click on the RSIT.exe to start the scan.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.