Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Question How To Remove Program Not Listed In Add/Remove Programs?

I need to remove a program from my computer but it isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs and it doesn't have an uninstall file. How do I get it off my computer?
Thanks.
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If it's a Windows component, in the left-hand pane of the Add or Remove Programs list click on Add/Remove Windows Components.

If it's not a Windows program, try reinstalling it to see if that will put an uninstaller in so you can then uninstall it.

Note that Windows' Add or Remove Programs just accesses the uninstaller that came with the program being uninstalled.
Old September 25th, 2006, 11:16 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Does it give you an uninstall option when you go to Start>Programs>*name of program* and for that specific program, it should have a list of options, like a readme file, or an icon to execute the program. There may be an uninstall option in there.