Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old January 30th, 2021, 11:35 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Disable IE from caching files?

Disable IE from cache files?. how do i do this?. Thanks to all.
Old January 31st, 2021, 04:36 AM

Hello my friend

Assuming all versions of IE are the same in this regard goto INTERNET OPTIONS/SETTINGS and change it to "Never" for check for stored pages... That I believe will make it so it wont use or try to access cached files......

Then click DELETE FILES/DELETE COOKIES to delete whats already there.....

I have mine set to Automatically (Im on IE6)

Good luck.....I hope this helps you disable it!!

Last edited by The Dude; January 31st, 2021 at 04:39 AM.
Old February 19th, 2021, 03:00 AM

Please excuse my intrusion, but two things sort of jumped out at me here.

Firstly, how can you use IE6 these days? I mean, I am seeing notices that Gmail won't load in standard using IE11 starting next month. And I have run into sites that simply won't load at all with IE11. One site has this really neat black curtain over their page --- that is a tech site, if memory serves correctly.

The second thing that jumped out at me here is that idea of not allowing your browser to store a cache. I thought that could also cause many websites to simply not load. Now dumping cookies and cache is no problem once you are done with a Net session. I do that all the time. But not allowing any cache at all seems --- well, I just wonder.
Old February 19th, 2021, 06:27 AM

Thankfully IE6 still works for what I do anyway......

Actually I think IE6 is the last GOOD unintrusive version of IE!!!!

You might be able to get IE11 to work by changing your UA to look like a different browser.... (Then gmail will still load for ya probably)
Old February 20th, 2021, 01:43 AM

Firstly, I erred in my way of writing because I didn't mean to suggest I disliked that Gmail's Basic HTML platform. I actually keep all my Gmail accounts in that basic and only sometimes switch to that standard when I wish to do a lengthy correspondence.

BUT --- I am very interested in that point about making a browser look like another, so I am glad I made that mistake noted above.

I guess I'll go do some searching to find out what that is all about, unless you wish to flatter an old man and offer some sort of summary of what that "look like" is all about.

And as I have had IE6 stuck in my brain for a few hours it came to me that maybe IE6 was the first browser Microsoft put out with TDI enabled, yes?
Old February 20th, 2021, 01:54 AM

Yes well you can make your browser look like ANYTHING by putting the suer agent string in

It would be interesting if gmails enhanced interface would work if you made it look like Edge for example.......Heres all the User agents

http://deviceatlas.com/blog/list-of-user-agent-strings

I laugh sometimes when I come across a site that blocks IE6 because all I do is change my UA ro say MSIE 5.5 and it works

People have been lied to so much about IE6 AND THEY BELIEVE IT they go out there way to try and block it,its really comical.......

Microsoft tried for so long also!!!!!!!!
Old February 20th, 2021, 02:40 AM

I appreciate that link. Thank you. That smells like something I will take a liking to. I love doing that sort of thing. But part of the reason might be the age factor at my end. I've noticed that certain things don't set so well because of change and I suspect it is an age stubborn related type of mental thing. Then again, if you have been using IE6 for this many years and still like it, maybe there is something else going on with a desire for familiarity besides age. I mean, like cars --- my dad so many years ago drove a '55 Chevy for a long time, but as it ran just fine it seemed like a good idea. I have a couple of rather old cars and as I keep them in good condition, no problem. Maybe the Net shouldn't be any different.

Anyway, I do appreciate that link.
Old February 21st, 2021, 08:16 AM

Thank you for the kind words my friend
Old March 27th, 2021, 11:49 AM
Banned

How can I disable cache in EDGE ? We are doing Javascript development and testing it in IE8, but we have to clear the cache every time we make changes to the Javascript files.
Old March 28th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Banned

I also need a help with this problem as I have failed to solve it on my own. I am from Portugal, https://worldcams.tv/portugal/fatima...ario-of-fatima, and most of the instructions are in English. If you could help, it will be highly appreciated. I will explain everything in more details in private correspondence. I will reimburse your time and efforts in full. Thanks a lot.
Old April 2nd, 2021, 03:56 AM

Hello...... All I see there is a page about webcams.......

Is there something you need off the page?