Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Phones & Tablets

Notices

Phones & Tablets Problem solving for Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old March 29th, 2020, 08:37 PM

Unhappy Data Recovery on SD Card/Samsung S8+

PLEASE HELP!

I attempted to transfer numerous folders of pictures/videos from my internal storage to my SD card via the Windows desktop ( yes, stupid and unnecessary, now I know) and initially the contents inside all the folders I moved were on the SD card but once I ejected my phone from the computer and looked at the phone gallery, all of those folders were gone. I tried plugging my phone back in to the computer and accessing the SD card and all of the folder contents are now empty! I removed the SD card ( without unmounting properly, again stupid, now I know) and tried plugging it directly into the computer and still the folders are empty. I am estimating over 2000+ pictures have went missing & one of the folders I attempted to transfer was EXTREMELY sentimental to me as it was my cat that I had to put down less than a yr ago and while I know Google photos backs up stuff, I cannot guarantee it has backed up all of the items that were on my phone & not directly taken with my phone camera because of incorrect settings. I'm just not sure what happened or where the error really lies and if it was my phone or SD card because I did delete the "empty folders" on my phone once I thought the folders were successfully transferred to the SD but again, I have tried both phone and SD card recovery but unfortunately Android does not have an actual "recycle bin" to try and recovery from

Can anyone please help walk me through this and if any, the best program to try and recover what is lost/deleted from either my SD or phone or am I just SOL? I have tried a few different data recovery programs but none of them seem to be capable of recovering the specific folder(s) contents.

Thank you for your time and assistance!
Old March 30th, 2020, 07:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you can try putting the card into your computer and by using recuva, try to recover them.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
Old April 8th, 2020, 07:45 AM

Hey, Recuva software is really good for data recovery and it's free but there may be a chance free version won't recover all your photos. In case, you need to know about paid photo recovery software which able to recover all the photos. I would suggest, you can try stellar photo recovery software free version it will show you your all deleted files before purchase because you that memories are priceless. I hope this information helpful for you!
Old April 9th, 2020, 08:52 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I recommend using Diskdigger. I downloaded it from Google Play onto my Android phone, but when I ran it on the phone it said if I was looking for photos on an SD card, is better to plug the SD card into my computer and download Diskdigger for Windows from diskdigger.org.
Old September 6th, 2020, 07:49 AM

To recover deleted data from SD card, you can use the attrib command option. But, be very careful, because a single mistake can keep your data at great risk. So, just try the steps below to get back lost photos/videos from memory card:

• Firstly, plug the memory card to the system using card reader and then go to start menu.
• After that, type there ‘cmd’ in a search bar and then simply press the Enter There you can now see something named ‘cmd.exe’ under a list of program.
• Next, make a right click on the ‘exe’ and then a command window will appear that will allow you to restore the video files.
• After this, you have to go type there ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*’

Hope this works for you...

Last edited by mariaalopez; September 6th, 2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old March 6th, 2023, 05:56 PM

Look for any damage to the SD card. Before reinstalling the SD card, clean the surface with a soft cloth to remove any debris or dust. Your SD card could still have problems even if there is no obvious damage. If there are any other devices close by, test the SD card to make sure it
Closed Topic