Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:31 AM

Random inapropriate pop-ups

It's been a while since I've had to do a malware removal and alot has changed it seems. At any rate my children use this laptop alot for school work and such. One of them must have clicked on the wrong ad on the wrong site. The system runs slow and the occasional window will pop up with some busty gal asking if you want to find out more about her in so many words. So I know there's something dug in somewhere. I've had amazing help from the fine people here in the past so here I am. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 12th, 2021, 08:28 PM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Hello unforgiven1977 and Welcome to the Cyber Tech Help Support Forums.

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
  • Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
  • Please open as administrator the computer. How is open as administrator the computer?
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to get help here

Let's take a look.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 32-Bit and save it to the desktop.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit and save it to the desktop.

Please run it and click Scan, post back with the 2 logfiles.

Best regards.