Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:58 AM

Question CW Shredder problem

Hi and happy fall to everyone. I have been trying to download CWShredder. When I try to unzip it, I g et a box stating that:

Required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL was not found.

Any input on this or what I can do to solve problem.
Be easy on me, I'm a "newbie"....lol (well, not that new, but dont want to mess my "buddy" the puter up.)
Thank you.....
Old October 15th, 2004, 11:03 PM

You are getting this message while trying to unzip a .zip file containing the program? What program are you using to unzip the file?

The MSVBVM60.DLL file is the Visual Basic 6 runtime .dll file. You shouldn't need that to unzip anything.
Old October 16th, 2004, 12:19 AM

Thank you for your response. I get this message when I want to open CW Shredder AFTER it was unzipped. I did look for this dll file on computer and could not find it. Kind of stumped here. I did have CW shredder before with no problems. But had problem with compter recently in last week and had to do a quick restore on it. I have been trying to get it back to where I had it. I have Spy Bot, Adaware. But this one is giving me problems. Thank you
Old October 16th, 2004, 02:41 AM

CW Shredder Problem

Well now, I kind of fixed the problem by accident you might say.
I wanted to download Spyware Blaster and went to MajorGeeks.com. On the site it says that if you had a problem afterdownload with an error message, to download the Microsoft Visual Basic Files. (the link is there). I got the same missing dll error message that I had with CW Shredder. I downloaded the Visual Basice Files and had no trouble with SpyBlaster. I decided to try CW Shredder and there it was !! No problems.
I know this will help others with the same problem. Just wanted to let you know and thank you very much for your time.