Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old April 5th, 2022, 02:09 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unable to locate Java on my control panel

When using Facebook and playing in the Slingo Arcade, I start a game and then get a black screen. I've tried several different browsers with the same results. I rebooted my computer and started with Firefox...this time I got a message: An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser Java Script console for more info. The error was : TypeError: WebGLRenderingContext.shaderSource:Argument 1 is not an object
In checking further I cannot find Java on my control panel. Could this be the problem?
Old April 5th, 2022, 03:56 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox will continue to run Java on Windows 10. The Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java.

From Windows Search type in Java. If Java is installed, Configure Java will appear in the search results. Select Configure Java. The Java Control Panel will appear. Alternatively, it can be found by clicking on the Start button on the taskbar, then All Apps where Java will be listed, if it is installed.

https://www.javatpoint.com/how-to-ru...ccc954fc4b8188
Old April 5th, 2022, 05:56 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox will continue to run Java on Windows 10. The Edge browser does not support plug-ins and therefore will not run Java.

From Windows Search type in Java. If Java is installed, Configure Java will appear in the search results. Select Configure Java. The Java Control Panel will appear. Alternatively, it can be found by clicking on the Start button on the taskbar, then All Apps where Java will be listed, if it is installed.

https://www.javatpoint.com/how-to-ru...ccc954fc4b8188
Thank you for your reply. I'll install Java. Have a great day!