Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 19th, 2020, 02:39 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
MS Account sign in blocks access to Safe Boot

Hi

This one's driving me batty. I need to boot my Dell Inspiron to Safe Mode. I'm going through the troubleshoot sequence to Start Options but when I reach the dropdown and select 'start in safe mode' I'm confronted with a sign in page that will only accept password (not PIN). When I enter the pasword I get 'password is incorrect.' I know my MS password is correct because I can go online to MS.com and log in to my account with no problem. I should mention I can't access regedit or services.msc because they've been disabled (that's why I'm trying to get to Safe mode).

I've successfully changed my MS account password and tried a number of different routes to get to Safe mode, but all are blocked by this damned sign in page. I boot the PC using a local login but that's not the login that's causing me grief. Any ideas out there? Any way to get to Safe mode without having to go through the sign in?

Thanks in advance
Old June 21st, 2020, 09:43 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
https://account.microsoft.com/accoun...rofile-landing

Is this where you are going to sign in with MS Account?
Old June 28th, 2020, 02:00 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
MS Account sign in blocks access to Safe Boot

Hi Murf

Thanks for coming back to me--yes, that's where I was trying to sign in. Since I successfully changed my PW when this problem first surfaced I KNEW it was correct so I just kept plugging it in--on about the 20th attempt, it accepted the PW! Waste of time. I wish there was another way (besides MS account I mean)

Thanks again for your help.