Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM

[Fedora] Why can't I copy and paste files?

Hi, last night I installed Fedora and now I'm trying to install Flash Player and the final steps in installation, according to this, is copying and pasting the "libflashplayer.so" to the Mozilla Addons folder and copying and pasting the "flashplayer.xpt" (which I don't even have) to the Mozilla Extensions folder. However, when I try pasting the file there is no option to paste it.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:20 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Have you tried to drag and drop the file?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtjet View Post
Have you tried to drag and drop the file?
Yeah it says "Permission Denied"
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
That FAQ looks outdated... As you said, there is no flashplayer.xpt file. It uses the flashplayer-installer script now. There are instructions on installing Flash Player in Fedora here.

Did you extract the files from the archive you downloaded? Did you type su before the extract command? If so, you extracted it as the "superuser" and only the superuser (root) can copy/modify the extracted files unless you change the permissions as root.
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:53 AM

Alright, I'm installing that package, but after that it says

"Install the nspluginwrapper.i386, nspluginwrapper.x86_64, pulseaudio-libs.i386, and libflashsupport.i386 packages:

su -c "yum -y install nspluginwrapper.{i386,x86_64} pulseaudio-libs.i386 libflashsupport.i386"

Run mozilla-plugin-config to register the flash plugin. (NOTE: This step is not always necessary.)

su -c 'mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v'"

Do I need to download these or are they included in the package?
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:07 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Those steps are meant to be followed if you are using the 64-bit version of Fedora.

If you aren't sure, open a terminal and type uname -m If you are using a 64-bit OS, it will show x86_64, which means you will have to follow those directions. That command should download the packages if necessary, so just type the commands into the terminal in order.

Last edited by Pi rules; June 5th, 2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo