Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old April 9th, 2019, 08:13 PM

Any simple way to automate Windows control panel and other settings?

Can anyone please suggest a simple way to automate doing some various basic config in Windows 7 & 10 like:

- set power plan in Power Options (control panel) to High Performance
- set Communications in Sound CP to "Do Nothing"
- set Visual Effects in Performance Options under System to "adjust for best performance"
- set the Time Zone under Date & time
- disable Enhance Pointer Precision under Mouse in Control Panel
- set all three sliders in Keyboard in CPanel to Short/Fast/Fast
- set certain services to Automatic like the SSDP Discovery
- change various new settings in the Windows 10 Settings like disabling Notifications, Game Bar and Focus Assist

Those are examples of some of the CPanel/Settings i need to do on basically every computer i install/reinstall so i would really love a way to "one click" the whole process.

I have tried googling the various related topics but in the vast majority of cases the methods i saw were very complicated and way beyond my knowledge.
I am hoping there is some simplistic GUI tool that can make a batch/script or something similar that doesnt require an advanced knowledge of Powershell or Regedit.

Thank you for reading and helping out.
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Banned

The registry is probably the way to do it. You don't really need to have advanced knowledge of Regedit. What you need to do is make the changes you want and then find the registry keys that document the change.
Old April 10th, 2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The registry is probably the way to do it.
This does not help the OP. He is asking for an automated way to make those changes on multiple machines.

Editing the registry is easy, but dangerous. And again, does not answer the question about automating the process.

Quote:
i need to do on basically every computer i install/reinstall
It is been years since I have done anything like this so some more research on your side may be needed. But I suggest you look into the SysPrep (system preparation) tool. This tool basically lets you create one image to use when setting up multiple systems.
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/
I haven't used it on a Win 10 machine, last time I used it would have been Windows 7, I think.
But it may fit the bill.