Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:01 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Intermittent connection.

Hi everyone. I've been having problems keeping a stable connection on my home network. To start i've replaced my router with a new 1 thinking it would've been the problem and also contacted my isp. My ISP reported no problems on their end and that everythings green with no visual problems to my connection. So that lead me to my router. With that in mind i replaced my router with a new 1. I have a Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router(WNR3500).

When the connection goes out my modem has all green lights meaning it is still connected to my isp. But my IE and all connected systems and pc's disconnect immediately. I have WPA encryption(just changed from WEP). Everything workss fine for about 10 minutes then just cuts off. I need help Ive researched quite a bit and don't know what esle to try.

Vista SP2 64bit
Intel Quad core
4gb Ram
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:20 AM

Hello,

There is a few things you can try since you already replaced the router. First off, are there other computers on the network (wired or wireless) that is having this problem? If it only happens to one particular machine it maybe your network card.
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:12 PM

I have 1pc 1 Laptop, 2 Xbox 360s, and 1 PS3. Only my PC and usually 1 system is online. But when it does happen everything loses connection. Also i noted that the routers internet connection light is still green. Meaning it still has internet connection. All modem lights stay on. And this problem happened with the last router. I have no idea where to go at this point.

I have also replaced all of my ethernet cords.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
hi

i'm having the same problem and i am using a D-Link router now but was using a linksys when it started to happen. If you find a solution please post it here cause i'm going nuts with this.
thx kuzzz
Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:43 PM

I'm having the same problem. The network used to work fine but Verizon replaced my modem a couple of days ago (it's now a Westell 6100). I have a Dell TrueMobile 2300 router. Exactly the same thing is happening as with the original poster and all the lights etc are still on on both the modem and router. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I went to microsofts help and there is a tool that will check your router. It says that the older routers won't work with vista. It gives a list of the ones that will work but the new one that oC007o purchased and is using is on the list that microsoft said works so obviously microsoft is going to be no help solving our problem.
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Well turns out that my problem was the fact that someone in another apartment in my complex was stealing cable from my link. But now everything is running 10x better.