Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old March 25th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Question How to connect Mad Catz Wireless Gaming adapter to Android mobile hotspot?

I have a madcatz wireless gaming adapter. I am trying to connect it to my phone's wifi which is an Android (HTC Thunderbolt rooted). I can go in the settings and get the adapter to find the hotspot and followed the steps to get it connected, but for some reason it will not connect to my hotspot via my "wireless tether" app. The light on the adapter stays on as if it is connected, but it never connects to my app. HELP!

I have talked to the mad catz customer support, but they cannot help me because it is discontinued. The end result I am trying to achieve is to be able to hook my directv box to the internet using my mobile data. It's unlimited so I'm not worried about running over.

If anyone can help me with my mad catz problem, I will send some swag. It shouldn't be a tough thing to hook up. I just can not figure it out. IDK, maybe it's not compatible with a mobile hotspot. They both work off of 802.11n antennas.