Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 6th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Angry Won't Redirect to login page on public wireless networks (e.g. coffee shops)

Windows XP Home Ed. V5.1
Firefox and IE

I normally can get on wireless networks no problem. However, if the network requires I go to a certain page first (for example, to accept the conditions of their network) then I can't get on. Instead, my browser just tells me that my homepage cannot be found. I *think* the problem is that my browser won't allow me to be redirected to their network's login site, and just tries to go to my homepage. Then the network won't let me go to my homepage (yahoo) because I haven't gone through their login page yet.

I've tired without my firewall, I've tried both my browsers, I've tried without any anti-virus software, etc. What could it be?