Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old December 23rd, 2004, 05:32 AM

Run dll "exception" & "error loading" on startup

Hi,
I got some viruses last week. Have installed and run: Spybot S&D, Adware and Norton Internet Security. Some files have been deleted, some none of the programs could. I also apparently got the Gaobot worm. I downloaded a fix and seems to have worked. I am sure there are still alot of files still left to delete. Since all this, I am not able to open online radio media players. The compuet is slightly slower than before. Most importantly, I get two different run dll error messages each time i reboot:
1) Exception occurred while trying to run:
c:\windows\system32\mlpmsnsv.dll,UMonitor
2) Error Loading
c:\PROGRA~1\IEMENU~1\tbextn.dll
I looked through other postings to help not double-post, but couldn't find these exact issues. Can you help?
Thank you.
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:40 AM

Start up problems: run dll

Hello,
I have two RUN DLL error windows that appear on startup.
1) Exception: c:\windows\system32\mlpmsnsv.dll"UMOnitor
2) Error Loading: c:\PROGRA~1\IEMENU~1\tbextn.dll
Can anyone help with these?
Thank you
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:33 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Welcome to CTH hydrosurfer. I see that you posted this issue in the Cyber Safety Forum prior to Christmas. I am so sorry that your post was overlooked

I will merge the two because I am going to ask you to post a Hijack This log and The Cyber Safety Forum is the most suitable venue for logs.

Lets see what is running on your PC. Go here and download the latest version of Hijack This. Unzip it and click on scan. Most of the files listed will be harmless and/or required so do not make any changes, just click on Save Log, copy it and post it back in this thread.